Already know what you need to know?
Click on Buy Tickets below to purchase directly through the McCarter Theatre Ticket Office.
Note: during the online buying process you will be asked if you want to “Add a donation.” This is NOT required, and any donation you make there will go to McCarter Theatre rather than the Princeton Festival. If you wish to support the Festival with a donation you may do so on our Donate page.
Don’t Get Scalped!
Be sure you’re getting valid tickets for the best available seats at a fair price. Buy them from the McCarter Theatre Ticket Office, our official vendor. If you buy through a reseller or broker, neither The Princeton Festival nor McCarter will be able to help you with issues such as missing tickets or ticket donations, nor will any Princeton Festival discounts apply.
These special pricing packages are available for families, groups and students.
- Family Package for Nixon in China – With the purchase of one adult ticket for $45, $55, $75 or $95, purchase up to two tickets for adjoining seats at $15 each for students under 18 accompanying the adult. Please call or visit McCarter’s Ticket Office to purchase.
- Under 40 Discount for Nixon in China – Patrons forty years of age or younger may receive a discount of 40% and a free glass of champagne, wine, beer, or a non-alcoholic beverage at the show. Enter the promo code YOUNG40 when ordering online. (This promotion is not available on the day of the event. Tickets must be purchased in advance and will be held at will call for pick-up on the day of the opera with a valid ID. Limit two per purchase. Additional McCarter ticketing fees may apply.)
- Note: as of 6/20 these discount tickets are SOLD OUT for the 6/23 performance; only one remains for the 6/30 performance.
- Group Discount – Receive a 20% discount by purchasing 10 or more tickets for a single performance on one order, applied to that performance only.
- Student Promotions* – Students may purchase Student tickets in advance for $15 with a reduced handling fee of $1.50 per ticket by using promo code STUTIX. (No additional fees apply.) Valid Student ID is required to pick up these tickets at McCarter’s Ticket Office or the event’s onsite box office. (Limit 2 per purchase.)
- *Available only for Concordia Chamber Players, Piano Competition Finals, Piano Recital, Baroque Chamber Ensemble concert, and Baroque Orchestra concert
- Please note this does not apply to Baroque Chorus & Orchestra concert
- Half-Price Student Rush –
- Opera – Students with a valid student ID may purchase half-price Student Rush tickets at McCarter’s Ticket Office on the day of the performance, subject to availability.
- Musical – Students with a valid student ID may purchase half-price Student Rush tickets at the musical’s onsite box office beginning 30 minutes prior to each performance, subject to availability
- Jazz – Students with a valid student ID may purchase half-price Student Rush tickets at Taplin’s onsite box office beginning 30 minutes prior to the performance, subject to availability.
- Baroque Choral – Students with a valid student ID may purchase half-price Student Rush tickets at Taplin’s onsite box office beginning 15 minutes prior to the performance, subject to availability.
Tickets cannot be exchanged, returned or refunded, but unused tickets may be donated back to the Festival as a tax-deductible contribution up to the day before an event. You must contact the McCarter Ticket Office at 609.258.2787 by the end of their office hours on the day prior to the event.
How To Purchase
Tickets for Princeton Festival events may be purchased online through the Princeton Festival page on McCarter Theatre’s website as well as by phone and in person through the McCarter Theatre Ticket Office. You may choose to have your tickets mailed to you or to pick them up at the event’s Will Call.
Detailed event information for each performance is available through our website. Go to the event page, then click the Buy Tickets button. You will be taken to the McCarter Theatre Ticket Office web page for that specific event to purchase tickets. You may also go directly to the main Festival page on McCarter’s website to purchase tickets to any of our events.
Online purchase will require a McCarter online account; if you do not have a McCarter username and password, they will be assigned to you the first time you make a purchase. For online orders, there is a handling fee of $6 per order plus a ticket fee of $3 per ticket and a facility fee of $1 per ticket.
BY PHONE — 609.258.2787
You may order tickets by phone during Ticket Office hours, listed below. For phone orders, there is a handling fee of $6 per order plus a ticket fee of $3 per ticket and a facility fee of $1 per ticket.
McCarter Theatre Ticket Office, 91 University Place, Princeton, NJ 08540
Stop by the McCarter Ticket Office in McCarter’s front foyer to purchase tickets in person. For in-person purchases, there is a facility fee of $1 per ticket.
TICKET OFFICE HOURS
Friday, May 31 & Saturday, June 1: 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, June 2: 11 am – 6 pm
June 3 – June 23
Tuesday – Thursday: Noon – 6 pm
Friday & Saturday: Noon – 8:30 pm
Sunday: Noon – 5 pm
June 24 – 30
Tuesday – Friday: Noon – 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Noon – 5 pm