The PSO BRAVO! masterclass with violinist William Harvey is on March 8th, from 7-9 PM in Wolfensohn Hall at the Institute for Advanced Study. If you are interested in applying, please read the following and submit your video materials by clicking the "apply now" button below.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, February 13th at 11:59 PM.
- Selected repertoire should be no more 12 minutes in duration
- A single movement of a multi-movement piece is acceptable
- Repertoire may be for solo violin or violin and piano duo, including sonatas and concertos with piano reduction
- If selected, masterclass performance will match instrumentation of selected repertoire - if for violin and piano, violinist must perform with collaborative pianist (not a recording). Pianist will be provided by the PSO at no cost to student.
- Selected masterclass participants must supply all scores relevant to their repertoire. If piece is for violin and piano duo (or violin and piano reduction), participant must have solo part and send piano score in advance.
VIDEO RECORDING GUIDELINES
- The piece submitted in video must be what you intend to perform in class
- Piano accompaniment in video (if selected repertoire requires it) is optional
- Video should be recorded in highest possible quality. (Video resolution at least 720p, audio resolution at least 128kbps) Once recorded, enter YouTube link below (set privacy settings to multiple viewers).
Submitted videos will be reviewed by a panel of PSO musicians. All applicants will be notified of results via email no later than February 24th, 2023.