Jobs & Internships
The Princeton Festival, a 501(c)(3) NJ non-profit performing arts organization, seeks a part-time bookkeeper to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role, including a working knowledge of QuickBooks, computer skills, and Microsoft Office. Organizational skills and efficiency are essential with meticulous attention to detail. Integrity, professionalism, and discretion are also desired.
The Princeton Festival is an equal opportunity employer and offers a welcoming and congenial working environment for its employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
The applicant must be a resident of the Princeton area.
Perform tasks as directed by the Executive Director. Duties normally associated with the position include:
- Reorganization of the chart of accounts
- Filing of corporate documents, and any required IRS forms
- Provide timely financial reports as requested by the ED
- Organize payroll through Paychex (Intuit)
- Manage benefits payments for employees
- Enter donations into Patron Manager
- Deposit donations to TPF bank account
- Monthly bank statement reconciliation
- Monitor credit card accounts
- Periodic transfer of payments from PayPal to Checking account
- Queue payments into Quickbooks for the Treasurer/Chair to sign
- Provide information as required for annual audit
- Clearing the Festival Post Office Box regularly
- Other Bookkeeping and administrative duties as requested by the ED
- Proven bookkeeping experience (at least 5 years in the field)
- Understanding of bookkeeping for non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with excel spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Meticulous degree of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Good communication skills
- Complete availability during the months of May through July
As soon as possible; part-time on W-2.
The Employee works remotely, with the understanding that adequate notice will be given for any specific dates that require physical presence at an event, and that complete physical availability is needed from May through July 2021, as the Festival’s season is in high gear.
August 31, 2020 or until position is filled
To apply: Submit a letter of application explaining your interest in the performing arts along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.