Free Talks, Workshops, Previews & More
In addition to its entertaining, world-class performances, The Princeton Festival will offer over a dozen free educational and community presentations this year. These events begin on May 7, 2019, and range from lectures to enhance your understanding of our performances, to workshops that introduce you to new experiences, to opportunities to hear our artists discuss their craft, to a poetry reading and a film and more!
For a comprehensive list of free events, please click the link below, or follow our Main Menu (found at the top left of every page) to Events and then to Free Lectures & Events.
Do mark your calendars now as these educational and community events begin on May 7th, well before our June performance season. We look forward to seeing you at some of them … and bring a friend!
The Princeton Festival Education and Community Engagement Programs for 2019 fall into six categories:
1. Free Lectures, Talks, and Conversations
- Festival Lecture Series and Discussions – experts speak on topics relating to the Festival’s performances
- Overture Program: Enjoying Opera – a suite of presentations presented to senior communities in NJ and PA
- Artists’ Round Table – an intimate conversation with the opera’s principal artists and directors
- Poetry Reading – Chinese-born poet Xue Di presents Across Borders
2. Free Opera Workshop
- Music That Tells a Story – intergenerational opera workshop, including backstage tour and dress rehearsal of Nixon in China (pre-registration required)
3. Free Musical Theater Workshop
- Making of a Musical – three-day program for high school student singers, including training workshop, staging rehearsal, and dress rehearsal of She Loves Me (pre-registration required)
4. Free Open Rehearsals, Pre-Performance Events, and Post-Performance Receptions
Meet the Artists – free post-performance receptions for ticket-holders:
- Sat 6/8 She Loves Me Opening
- Sun 6/16 Jazzmeia Horn, jazz vocalist
- Sat 6/22 Rachel Cheung Piano Recital
- Sun 6/23 Nixon in China Opera Opening
- Sat 6/29 Baroque Chorus & Orchestra