First, we congratulate all 121 dedicated participants in this year’s competition for providing two weekends of beautiful piano artistry and thank our adjudicators Joanne Polk and Mikhail Yanovitsky for their thoughtful critiques. Repertoire for our 2017 competition will be posted on our website and through our eNews in the Fall.
Special congratulations go to this year’s impressive winners:
- Elementary Artists – Isabella Florendo
- Intermediate Artists – Petrina Steimel
- Junior Artists – Angeline Ma
- Senior Artists – Linsy Wang
- Four Hands –Mia Huang and Kyle Huang, winners of the Richard Tang Yuk Award for Most Outstanding Performer(s) in the competition
- Open Class – Stephen Joven-Lee
Finally, we wish to thank our longtime sponsor, Jacobs Music Company, for underwriting the monetary prizes as well as presenting the new Jacobs Music Company Steinway Awards to the winners in each category this year.