General and Artistic Director Richard Tang Yuk announced The Princeton Festival’s 2016 season at our Fall FUNraising party and more details were provided in the early November eNews. (Click here to subscribe!) Set to run from June 4th to June 26, our 12th season combines anchor events with bold new directions in programming.
“Fans looking forward to opera, a musical, and an a cappella concert will get them, with the high production values and top performers they’ve come to expect,” said Tang Yuk. “But there’s so much more. Our 2016 edition will be the most diverse festival of the performing arts Central Jersey has ever seen.”
“We’re especially proud to be offering a multi-media event in collaboration with the Princeton Symphony Orchestra,” said Tang Yuk. The PSO, the Festival Chorus, and soloists will perform Voices of Light by Richard Einhorn to accompany a screening of the classic silent film The Passion of Joan of Arc.
The complete 2016 program currently includes:
- A CAPPELLA: Two groups bringing you the best in present-day a cappella
- CHAMBER MUSIC: Concordia Chamber Players, Festival favorites for 11 years
- CHORAL: Bach Cantatas with period orchestra and chamber chorus
- DANCE: Complexions Contemporary Dance, known for “its athletic, push-it-to-the-max style and its crowd-pleasing choreography” (ArtsATL)
- JAZZ: Cécile McLorin Salvant, a budding jazz superstar who has been compared to legendary vocalists like Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald and Betty Carter
- OPERA: Benjamin Britten’s masterpiece Peter Grimes
- ORATORIO & FILM: Voices of Light with the Princeton Symphony Orchestra and the film The Passion of Joan of Arc
- ORCHESTRA: Festival Baroque Orchestra, back for an encore after their acclaimed debut in 2015
- ORGAN: Krystiaan Seynhave, hailed in Europe for his mastery of the pipe organ, on his first American tour
- PIANO COMPETITION: over 100 young artist ages 6-25 compete for cash prizes; preliminary rounds (free) and the final round (tickets required) are open to the public
Dates & Details
As is our custom, printed brochures will be mailed in March 2016, coordinated with the opening of ticket sales. To make sure you receive a printed brochure and first dibs on tickets, please submit your mail and email addresses here.
And here’s the obligatory fine print: Performance details are subject to change.